The One Sharp Cookie Cutter™ Recipe
Makes about 12 Tim cookies
1 ¾ sticks (14 Tbsp.) unsalted butter*
¼ cup sugar
¼ cup confectioner’s sugar
1 ½ Tbsp. vanilla
2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
¼ teaspoon baking powder
¼ tsp. salt
* Take butter out of refrigerator & let it soften slightly. Butter is just right, not too cold or too warm, when it leaves a slight indentation when gently pressed. Thinly slice butter to make mixing easier.
1. PREHEAT oven to 350⁰. MIX Butter, Sugars, Vanilla & Egg just until combined & no butter chunks remain. ADD in Baking Powder, Salt & Flour. Mix just until dough forms & is moist enough to gather & shape.
2. FORM dough into 2 disks & WRAP in plastic. REFRIGERATE while not in use & until firm enough to roll without sticking, 20 min. or longer.
3. Lightly DUST rolling pin & surface with Flour. ROLL dough ⅛ in. thick. Before each use, DIP cutters in flour & tap off excess. PRESS down along edges of the Tim shape to cut through dough, then firmly PRESS imprint inside.
4. Remove excess dough. PRY UP edges of Tim cutout with a generously floured thin spatula. Gently LIFT cutout and place on cookie sheet. Bake 12 to 20 minutes, depending on thickness, until edges are browned.